Monday, September 8, 2008

First Class and the 3 Bears

I signed up for my first class this weekend. I'm goin' to learn to knit socks!! I've been knitting on and off for a year and a half. I have never taken a real knitting class before. I had someone teach me to cast on, knit and purl. I make a mean disch cloth. If it is rectangular I'm all over it. But I'm ready to move on. So socks here I come. The class starts the beginning of October and I am really looking forward to it. I'm quite nervous about it being my first class, I don't want to be the class idiot. Encouraging comments would be appreciated. I can be reached on Ravelry as Princess Kathy, or you can just leave a comment here, but so far only my hubby has done that. I continued on the "afghan for the leather chair" and the sampler afghan for the Lion Brand CAL. The CAL has not gone smoothly. Crocheted first square on an N hook, too big, Frogged, Re-crocheted first square on K hook, too small, Frogged, Re-crocheted first square on N hook just right. I'm like the Three Bears. Now I'm working on the second square then I have 28 more squares to go. I might get this finished by 2010. Hopefully, a great tennis match on this afternoon U.S. Open Men's Finals, so I'll get a lot of crocheting done...

2 comments:

Tanya/TiggerRD said...

Looking forward to seeing your CAL afghan in progress - I'm getting to the final set of blocks and then will have to figure out how to join them all! Have fun in your class - I know you'll do great!

Rhea :) said...

Learning how to knit socks is kind of like learning how to drive. You're nervous (read terrified) at first, confused at various points along the way, but when you're finished you've learned lots of great skills that you can apply elsewhere, you're super proud of your accomplishment, and you've met a practical goal (ie. driving = transportation, knitted sock = warm feet). Good luck and have fun!