Thursday, October 16, 2008

A fabulous weekend

We had a fabulous weekend here in Central Ohio. We had some longtime friends come in to visit from Indiana. They brought their 4 month old who I got to babysit while they went to the Buckeye game. I wish I could have more children.... We all met up with local friends who have known us for 15 years or so. It was lots of fun sitting around getting to know each other again. It's sad when you used to see people every day and now only see them once a year. Don't take your friendships for granted. Then on Monday the kids had school and the hubby was off work. So we had a date. I even got roses. (This is a rare occurance in this house) A long leisurely lunch, a walk around the strip mall, a long visit to the 1/2 price book store, then a scoop of ice cream at Greater's (a wonderful ice cream parlor in Ohio). It was really a lovely weekend. Because of the busy weekend, little knitting got done. (Hard to knit with a baby in your arms.) I am still working on my first sock. I would have taken a picture but it is such a lousy cloudy day it would not have turned out. I have my second class this weekend, turning the heel. Sounds complicated. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: